Monday 21 November 2011

Uses for Pure Soap

This post is all about my love of soap. Not dodgy, $1.00 packets of 5 soap from the supermarket which have all sorts of nasties and no glycerin. Real, pure soap made the good ol' way. I love the smell, I love the texture and I love how it works. I have so much of it, all around my house. Pure liquid castile soap, pure block soap and pure soap flakes. I shall now divulge some of the myriad uses of pure soap...




Pure Soap Flakes - soap flakes clean everything - The Pure Soap Flake Company - Pure Soap Flakes - soap flakes green cleans natrurally - green clean with soap flakes made in USA - 218-543-4829
pure soap flakes
1. For washing delicate clothes (expensive items you don't want to harm, lacy lingerie, vintage pieces, silks, woolens etc.) I poor about a teaspoon of pure liquid castile soap into the bottom of my sink/bucket and then fill with cold water. I use liquid castile soap for this because pure soap flakes can be very difficult to dissolve in cold water, whereas the liquid mixes easily. You must use tap water (room temperature/cold), as warm-hot water may damage delicate items or loosen colours in the fabric. Dry as usual, which is usually flat in shade for dedicates!


2. For laundering normally. Even in your washing machine. Pure soap flakes are great if you are using warm-hot water, liquid castile if you are using cold water. conditioning and smoothing effect on protein fibers such as wool and silk, and elicits a plush softening response in cellulose fibers such as cotton and flannel.  Babies clothes and blankets will be extra soft after washing in Pure Soap Flakes.


3. Laundering things for babies, people with allergies, hayfever or sensitive/atopic skin (or skin conditions such as eczema). Pure soap is unbelievably gentle, leaves barely any fragrance and will not cause any flare-ups in skin or allergies (for this I can vouch... I react to nearly every commercial laundry power with rashes and sinus allergies.)


4. Washing your hair! I know that people always tell you not to wash your hair with soap, but they are referring to the common soap which has been leeched of all its natural goodness and replaced with chemical nastiness. Pure liquid castile soap is especially good, as it has the same texture and consistency as normal shampoo, only is very gentle on hair and scalp. It even foams! When I finally got my scalp under control (I had eczema on my scalp because I am allergic to SLS(sodium laureth sulfate) which is in nearly every commercial shampoo and causes eczema in lots of people, I could start adding things to my liquid castile soap. For example, my current shampoo contains the following:


2 cups pure liquid castile soap
2 drops chamomile essential oil
2 drops rosemary essential oil
1 tablespoon of strong rosemary and lavender tea


Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container. Wash hair as normal and rinse well :)


5. Bathing babies, normal skin or very sensitive skin. Add a little to your bath for super-cleansing water that is also super-gentle or use pure block soap as you would have used the yucky 'soap' you used to use which made you dry and itchy and smelled synthetic.


6. Washing your dishes! Dissolve a pinch of pure soap flakes in hot water and wash your dishes in it. Or add a little bit of pure liquid castile soap instead. 


7. Clean your countertops and benches! Mix 1 tbsp. pure liquid castile soap with a quart of warm water, spray it on the counter and wipe with a natural sponge. 

8. Wipe soiled leather furniture, upholstery or attire with a warm damp cloth first. Moisten a sponge with some soap and then rub the surface briskly. Then remove any soapy residue.  

9. Wash your pets

10. Clean valuable jewelry...and a drop of liquid castile soap to a cloth, and gently buff.

11. Wash any surface in your house. Walls, floors etc. etc. 

12. Clean your fireplace/oven etc and be amazed how well soap works!



The list goes on!!!!


If you know any other good uses for pure soap, please let me know!! I am a soap devotee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment