Sunday 20 November 2011

Random Courtney Brimms Artworks

Here are some random Courtney Brims artworks I really like. Courtney Brims is a Brisbane (Australia) artist I have always admired. These days, I see her work quite a bit in all sorts of unexpected places, like on T-shirts in surf-shop windows when I go home to visit my parents who live in a town on the beautiful coast of NSW. Anyway, I think there is a perfection and realism which is ethereal when contrasted with the oddities present in each picture. Like each artwork is suspended somewhere between reality and an alternate dream-world which is on the brink of normality, only slightly strange. I hope you like her as much as I do!    www.courtneybrims.com/










I wish I could make my hair look like the girls in these pictures...It reminds me a bit of Marie Antoinette's famous hair-do extravagance! Perhaps I will try and recreate a wearable version and show you all! 
HOW TALENTED AND AMAZING ARE THESE WORKS?!?! enviable imagination and creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment