Sunday 20 November 2011

Cute Cakes!

Here are some cakes I made recently...I think they are quite cute. What do you guys think??

All I did was:

- I made a simple sponge cake, and when it was cool, used a cookie-cutter to get rounds.
- I made a sandwich of two sponge cake rounds, with a filling of jam, strawberries and a dairy-alternative cream (I'm lactose intolerant...I will post some recipes and how-tos about cooking for allergies, as even the most skeptical people can never guess that my deserts aren't laden with dairy)
- I covered by round sandwiches with Queens brand Royal Icing (following the instructions on the box)
- Then, I decorated them with things I found around my house...some ribbon, a fake butterfly, some mulberries from my mulberry tree. But I did make one aspect of the decorations...I wanted to try to make some Marzipan roses, like those they use on fancy wedding cakes and the like.
- To make the marzipan flowers, I dusted my hands with a little flour, and set to work fashioning the roses petal by petal. I will try my hand at making my first video so as to show you how to do it. They turned out really nicely...people thought I bought them! Yay!

xxxkatie

No comments:

Post a Comment